Because I love me some Bloom's

Thursday, January 24, 2013
Originally posted 11/27/2012 on Weebly

Picture

I ordered this wall set from Teachers Pay Teachers http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Revised-Blooms-Taxonomy-Posters-for-Higher-Level-Thinking#tab_ratings_feedback and I am a little taken back at how much the kiddos love them. The posters put each level of the taxonomy in student friendly terms and used the visual representation of bars on a cellphone to explain their higher order thinking. 
I put the posters up with black construction paper for the bars right before parent teacher conferences (you know..... To seem all smart and stuff). I had planned on explaining them in a couple of days when it tied in with a lesson, but my favorite class noticed right away and wanted me to explain it to them. All my classes totally understood the concept and really seemed to get jazzed about it. Since then, every new lesson is accompanied by a kid asking, "Hey, how many bars are we using?" I know it won't last but it sure feels good while it does.

No comments