Makers Gotta Make! - Free Digital Maker Space for Elementary School

Wednesday, July 15, 2020


Soooooo... what is everyone up to? Ha! Just kidding! We are all biting our nails wondering what next year is going to look like. No matter how we go back in August, it won't be the same as any other of my 20 years!

As a tech coach in my district we have been talking a lot about how we can use tech to take over some of the basic things we do with our kiddos. Just this week I had a conversation where we realized we won't be able to use legos, blocks, playdoh, or even come sit on the rug.... ugh.

I decided to try to do something and was looking for some online building tools to integrate into our Stem read alouds. I put the call out to one of my favorite edtech facebook pages Teach with Tech, and someone suggested I check out a great digital maker space made by Shannon McClintock Miller: https://vanmeterlibraryvoice.blogspot.com/2020/07/our-virtual-makerspace-is-open.html

I fell in love and decided to make one for my district! I borrowed heavily from her but am adding

a ton of content as I find it! https://sites.google.com/view/digital-makerspace/home 

Everything here is elementary focused, able to be used on a computer or Chromebook (not all the items will run on an iPad) and require no logins!!!!


Feel free to share this with your students and feel free to reach out to me and suggest more items or categories! Enjoy!



No comments