Tech Tip: Zaption is Amazing!

Friday, October 10, 2014
Found an amazing new piece of tech!  I am not able to flip my class, but I have enough computers in my class to give assignments online with a long due date.  On the journey to find new edtech I found Zaption.

Zaption allows you to take videos from various platforms (YouTube, Vimeo, etc., ) and add questions them. 

I took a CNN Student News video from YouTube, on Ebola, and added it to my Zaption account.  I added open response and multiple choice questions.  I then added the link and direction to my Google Classroom account.


When students go to the link, they are asked for their name.  This is private and only linked to your account.  As soon as they start the assignment you start to gether this amazing data!  



My kiddos absolutely loved this and asked if it could be their constant bonus activity.  I'm going to try it in a couple of weeks with a recorded lecture and see how it works with a whole group.  

I am totally in love and I can't wait to discover more!!!




3 comments

  1. How do you use zaption? Did you buy a membership?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy a membership but I just used the free version. The kids loved it!

      Delete
  2. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. How to Teach Math Online

    ReplyDelete