Quick Tech Tip: Flippity.net and Escape Rooms

Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Quick Tech Tip: Flippity.net to make quick escape rooms! #edtech #escaperooms #digitalbreakouts #breakoutedu

Hey all! I wanted to jump on super quick and show you a cool tool. I always feel like I have to write a novel on here and then I posy great ideas on my Instagram but I really need to combine them!

I have been dabbling in the world on Escape Rooms and am really enjoying myself! I have made a couple of physical escape rooms and some digital ones and both kids and adults love them. I was teaching the concept in a grad class of current teachers the other day and they all loved the concept but realized it does take a chunk of time to create one.

On my quest to make their lives easier, I found the Flippity.net, which I already love to use for putting students into groups or choosing a random name. Has a quick and easy lock generator!





Basically, you enter your prompt, answer and hint on a spreadsheet and Flippity makes the locks for you.

I have embedded these in a Google site digital escape room but I can see this used in many different ways!


  1. Take a worksheet and cut it up to make the problems separate "locks". Make the answer the combination to the lock. Add even more engagement by placing these problems up on a wall or around the classroom.
  2. If you have a station activity, add an overarching question and answer that they have to unlock before they move to the next station.
  3. Us the locks for a whole classroom reward! Countdown to a an event, vacation, etc. and have a password for each day. If the class meets the expectation for the day, the receive the "password". When the lock are all unlocked, they receive their reward!
So, let's crowd source this idea: how might you use these locks in your classroom? Leave a comment below!!!

If you are interested in checking out some of my escape rooms, click on the links below!

Click here! This is a FREE digital escape room on digital citizenship!



Click here!


Click here!

5 comments

  1. What a fantastic post. This is chock full of useful information. I reach a lot of blog posts and I never heard of a topic like this. Keep sharing!

    visit Beaufort SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quick tip about escape rooms will definitely helpful for people to find more fun games & enjoyable time. I have already visited “ESCAPE FOLSOM” with my friends last month, which was too nice moment for me. There were lots of fun games with excellent hosts tips for escape rooms so I must suggest to visit this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post.Thanks for sharing your escape rooms plans.You have shared useful information.Keep sharing.
    things to do around hilton Head

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have the answer key to the digital escape room?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have stated genuinely good information in this blog. Hope more good things will come in future as well.
    Troveworks accounts receivable software

    ReplyDelete