5 Reasons To Use Interactive Notebooks in the Middle School Classroom

Here goes nothing.....

Comments

  1. Thank you. I am glad to see that I'm not the only one that doesn't use the left and right part of the notebook. I use it more for kinesthetics and retention. I never thought of it as a brain break, but it most certainly is! This year I started using this at least once a week in my 5th grade math classroom. Do you see that they retain the information more? That was my main purpose for it. Can I ask, why do you grade them? Are the students adding things independently? Thanks, Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids do a lot of independent note taking and creative processing products inside their notebook so I need to grade them to keep them accountable:) Stay tuned for more videos on organization and grading!

      Delete
  2. I teach 7th grade science and have been using interactive notebooks for a while now. I love how you explained how you only include the big ideas in your notebooks. Prior to this year, I had students put almost everything into their notebook which only served to make the notebook big and bulky. I used the big idea approach this year and I'm seeing much better results. You are also absolutely right about the organization! Even though I set up the initial notebook with all my students, I still have students glue things on the wrong pages. Any suggestions as to how to "catch" students before they make mistakes?

    I'm looking forward to see how you grade your notebooks. I usually give a 10 question "scavenger hunt" which usually tells me how well organized they are keeping their interactive notebook. I'd be interesting in learning how you accomplish grading 120 notebooks. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done the "scavenger hunt" and that works well! I'm going to be doing an video this week on grading and organization! Stay tuned!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kara!

    I absolutely love your blog and message, and was hoping to reach out to you via e-mail. Do you have an e-mail address at which I could contact you?

    Thanks so much,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts